The project’s specific objectives are:
- To deliver a novel Big Data platform powered by energy-related data that effectively addresses the complexity of the energy/ electricity sector value chain interactions and allows for the delivery of innovative Energy-as-a-Service offerings, through central as well as federated experimentation with big data analytics, service composition, data sharing, assets reuse and business value generation.
- To integrate existing big data technologies, tools, and libraries, with energy sector legacy systems and ICT-enabled assets and components to accelerate the data management and analysis cycle for powering the SYNERGY platform, turning the 4 Big Data V’s into Stakeholder Value.
- To deliver an innovative, secure, privacy-preserving, and IPR respecting multi-party data exchange and sharing framework, propelling the creation of a joint venture of data owners and analytics providers.
- To enable the delivery of added value services that satisfy emerging energy sector stakeholders needs and effectively contribute to the short-, mid- and long term targets for a cleaner, more sustainable and more efficient energy system characterized by maximized RES integration, increased Energy Efficiency, enhanced Consumer Empowerment and Democratized Energy Markets.
- To bring forward novel collaborative business models driven by big data sharing and analytics services, benefiting the whole value chain of actors relevant to the electricity domain.
- To deliver a reference big data platform architecture and implementation for the electricity data value chain, validated through a set of representative, large-scale, and long-lasting demonstrators.
- To promote the adoption of the SYNERGY solution as a next-generation Big Data Platform for data sharing-based EaaS applications through intense dissemination and knowledge transfer of the project’s outcomes towards the targeted stakeholders, reaching out to international audiences within and beyond the EU.